AT Our Core
Everyone has a sphere of excellence and here at AGG, we believe in cultivating communities where all stakeholders, collectively work to create opportunities for continuous growth.
D.I.C.E. – Diversity is the sum-total of our experiences.
D.I.C.E. - Inclusion is based on the relationships and communication practices of any environment.
D.I.C.E. – Community is created and empowered with intentional responsiveness.
D.I.C.E. – Equity is about creating greater access to systems of power and success.
T.I.P.S. – Trauma informed person specific strategies are the best way to roll the DICE.
From this foundation, all members of the AGG team and subcontractors believe and serve from the following core values:
1. All students are meant to succeed.
2. Educators are meant to prepare their students for success within and outside of the classroom, by teaching to the whole student.
3. Teaching to the whole student means students’ emotional, social, and cultural learning and well-being is prioritized and learning across difficulties and differences is consistently modeled.
4. There are differences of cultural norms, behaviors, practices and beliefs, and behaviors that can create misunderstandings and barriers to healthy and supportive learning environment.
5. Cultural competency is a life skill that helps us to work with, respond to, and navigate among diverse people in a way that
acknowledges and respects individuals’ culturally-based beliefs, attitudes behaviors, and customs.
6. Culturally responsive teaching works to remove barriers caused by lack of cultural exposure and competency by creating explicit shared classroom values and high expectations that all students can meet.
7. Culturally responsive teaching bridges the gaps in communications, expectations, and experiences, by welcoming students’ whole selves and creating systems of support that include families.
8. The responsibility is on educators to meet and identify students’ diverse needs through continued culturally nuanced professional development.